Agricultural Research Station, Pattukkottai was started during the year 1935 to study the requirement of water for different crops of the new Cauvery delta area of Thanjavur district. Later on, during 1972 this station was converted into Multi Crop Experiment Station to cater the research needs on different crops grown in this locality. Then the station was brought under Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in 1981 and converted into a Seed Centre to produce breeder seeds in paddy, pulses and groundnut. The research activities on cropping systems were also taken up.

Go to top